- Job Title: Staff Accountant
- Location: Uptime’s Jacksonville, FL Office
- Type: Full-time, Salary Exempt
- Reports to: Controller
- Travel: < 5%
The incoming Accountant will perform operational accounting functions, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, recording of journal entries, reconciliations, tax filings and audit support. This role is expected to participate in cross-functional tasks and the execution of strategic and team projects, while seeking ways to contribute to continuous process improvements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the job well:
- Maintain and analyze various general ledger accounts through general journal entries, account reconciliations, accruals for month end, quarter end and year end closings.
- Code invoices, set up new accounts, and maintain chart of accounts
- Create invoices according to signed contracts and submits invoices to customers
- Performs general cost accounting and other related duties for the organization.
- Performs all aspects of the accounts payable process, including processing invoices for payment, recording sales tax, and reconciling monthly vendor statements
- Posts, verifies, and records customer payments and transactions related to accounts receivable
- Reconciles bank accounts daily, verifies deposits, and addresses inquiries from banks.
- Reconciles cash disbursement accounts, payroll, customer accounts, and other financial accounts; manages accounts receivable collections.
- Prepare state business registration filings, including compilation, review, and management of state deadlines and correspondence
- Provides outside auditors with assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform the annual audit
- Maintain a filing system for financial information, records, and documents to ensure easily available information.
- Create and maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures, such as a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) manual for accounting policy and regulations
- Identify areas for improvement and aid in the implementation of new accounting policies, standards, and guidelines
- Ensure compliance with applicable standards (i.e. GAAP, FASB), rules, regulations, and systems of internal control
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, or related field, required.
- 2-3+ years of corporate accounting experience required, CPA is preferred
Proficiency with accounting software, NetSuite is a plus
- Expertise in all Microsoft Office suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Knowledge of general financial accounting and cost accounting, including accounts payables and accounts receivables, and experience with GAAP
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and accurate with data entry functions
- Ability to work independently and efficiently multi-task and maintain organization in a fast-paced startup environment
- Development-oriented, with a desire to expand scope and influence over time
Salary and Benefits
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance
- Retirement plan with company match
- Paid time off (PTO)